Bengaluru: Traffic Advisory Issued, Parking Restrictions In Place As Samyukta Horata Samiti Holds Protest | Details
The Bengaluru Traffic Police has issued a traffic advisory for November 27 and 28 for the major sit-in protest by the Samyukta Horata Samiti and other organisation of Karnataka State. Restrictions have been imposed for commuters at several areas like Maharani Junction, KG Road, etc.
This advisory is the efforts of the Bengaluru Traffic police to ensure a smooth, uninterrupted traffic flow in the tech city.
LIST OF ROADS TO AVOID:
- The advisory requests vehicles coming from Mysore bank cirle towards Freedom Park to proceed through the Maharani underpass.
- Commuters are requested to avoid the stretch of road between Freedom Park Junction towards the Kanakadasa circle. This stretch will be closed for any kind of traffic movement temporarily.
- Vehicles coming from Khode cirle towards K R Circle are requested to use the service road below Anand Rao flyover, from where they can take the route via JDS Office and move towards Chalukya circle.
- Commuters coming from Sheshadri road can make a left turn at Subbanna circle and move forward. A right turn has not been provided at Subbanna Circle for vehicles coming from Mourya junction, but they can proceed towards Gandhinagara 5th main road.
- Parking is not allowed on the roads from Khode Junction to Maharani Junction.
- No parking facility is available on the Y Ramachandra Road.
- Commuters are requested to not park their vehicles on Kalidasa Road, Palace Road and K G Road.
But Why is the Samiti Protesting?
The Samyukta Horata Karnataka Samiti is holding the protest to seek the withdrawal of amendments to the farm and labour laws, which were introduced by the previous state government.
The Samiti is also protesting over the fulfilment of other demands, which includes the extension of employment guarantee schemes to urban areas, minimum wages, etc. The Samiti will organise a Raj Bhavan Chalo and a mega sit-in between November 26 to 28.News Related