— Recommendations are independently chosen by Reviewed’s editors. Purchases you make through our links may earn us a commission.
Black Friday 2021 might technically be behind us, but the sales and discounts are still going full throttle this weekend. We’ve found great deals on products ranging from Apple AirPods to designer handbags, and mattresses are no exception. Take Tuft & Needle, the company that makes Reviewed’s best overall pick, the Tuft & Needle Original, which is offering up to 30% off for Black Friday.
Tackle your holiday shopping with deals and expert advice delivered straight to your phone. Sign up for text message alerts from the deal-hunting team at Reviewed.
Right now, you can save hundreds on popular mattresses—regardless of whether you’re looking to score a hybrid, foam or latex bed. Top brands like Leesa, Tuft & Needle, Saatva and plenty more already have active discounts and deals.
We’ve rounded up all the noteworthy deals so you know what to expect while shopping for a new mattress this holiday season. Additionally, we answered some frequently asked questions about the best mattresses and if Black Friday is the ideal time to buy a new bed.
Where are the best Black Friday 2021 mattress sales?
Tons of brands have discounted their mattresses for Black Friday. Below, we’ve listed sales from brands that Reviewed’s put to the test.
- Allswell: Take 25% off everything with coupon code BLACKFRIDAY through Nov. 29.
- Amerisleep: Get $300 off any mattress, free bedsheets, and a free comforter with coupon code BF300.
- Avocado: Save $125 on Hybrid and Latex mattresses with coupon code SAVEBIG and get $300 off Organic Luxury Plush mattress with coupon code BFBLISS through Dec. 6.
- Awara: Take $200 off all mattresses and get a $499 sleep accessory bundle (cotton sheet set, latex pillows and a mattress protector) for free through Nov. 26.
- Casper: Save 15% on all mattresses through Dec. 5.
- DreamCloud: Save $200 on a mattress and get $399 in accessories through Nov. 27.
- Leesa: Save up to $500 on mattresses and 20% on bundles through Nov. 27.
- Saatva: Take 10% off sitewide and 15% off orders above $2,500 through Nov. 26.
- Simmons: 20% off sitewide through Nov. 29.
- Tuft & Needle: Take 30% off the Original, Mint and Hybrid mattresses through Nov. 28.
What are the best Black Friday 2021 mattress deals?
Below, we’ve split the best Black Friday 2021 mattress deals into three categories: flagship, hybrid and foam. Whether you want something basic or you’re looking for a more luxurious setup, you’ll find incredible savings on all types of mattresses in the days leading up to Black Friday.
These mattresses are the flagship models for each brand. Usually more affordably priced than companies’ other models, they are a mix of memory foam, innerspring and hybrids.
- Simmons Medium Firm Mattress from $263 (Save $66 to $104)
- Nectar Mattress from $499 (Save $299 to $399)
- Tuft & Needle Original Mattress from $451.50 (Save $193.50 to $328.50)
- Casper Original Mattress from $556 (Save $139 to $299)
- Purple Mattress from $599 (Save $100)
- The DreamCloud from $699 (Save $499 to $599)
- Leesa Original Mattress from $749 (Save $100 to $200)
- Saatva Classic Mattress from $798.30 (Save $88.70 to $219.60)
- Avocado Green Mattress from $974 with coupon code SAVEBIG (Save $125)
- Amerisleep AS3 from $1,149 (Save $300)
Hybrid mattresses combine foam layers with an innerspring base for the best of both worlds. If you like a mattress that is firm but with some give to it, these models may be for you.
- Allswell Supreme from $561.75 with coupon code BLACKFRIDAY (Save $187.25 to $312.25)
- Tuft & Needle Hybrid Mattress from $845.75 (Save $298.50 to $568.50)
- Awara Natural Luxury Hybrid Mattress from $899 (Save $200 and get free accessories)
- Saatva Latex Hybrid Mattress from $1,034.10 (Save $114.90 to $388.50)
- Leesa Hybrid Mattress from $1,049 (Save $150 to $300)
- Amerisleep Hybrids from $1,149 (Save $300)
- Purple Hybrid Mattress from $1,499 (Save 200)
Foam mattresses are generally made of memory foam, latex, regular foam or a combination of a couple of types. Foam mattresses are good for providing cradling—and may be particularly appealing to side sleepers. This material can offer a supportive but soft surface that’s great for folks with joint pain.
- The Allswell from $209.75 with coupon code BLAKCFRIDAY (Save $69.75 to $119.75)
- Cocoon by Sealy Chill mattress from $499 (Save $270 to $540)
- Tuft & Needle Mint Mattress from $633.25 (Save $223.50 to $418.50)
- Saatva Loom & Leaf Mattress from $899.10 (Save $99 to $267.60)
- Avocado Organic Latex Mattress from $1,474 with coupon code SAVEBIG (Save $125)
- Leesa Legend Mattress from $1,599 (Save $300 to $500)
What are the best mattresses?
Our favorite mattress is the Tuft & Needle Original for its firm and supportive surface that makes you feel almost as though you’re floating above the bed. Unlike many foam beds, it’s not excessively prone to making you overheat at night.
You also can’t go wrong with Awara Organic Luxury Hybrid if you’re looking for a mattress that feels more like a traditional innerspring. The bed’s combination of latex and pocket coils make it sleep cool, and lend it a firm surface sensation.
We could go on about other brands we love, including Leesa. Read our reviews of the Tuft & Needle Original and Awara Organic Luxury Hybrid for more details. If you want to get a sense of all the mattresses we’ve tested to determine what might work for you, check out our roundup of the best mattresses in a box.
Should you wait for a Black Friday mattress deal?
In past years, there have been incredible Black Friday deals for mattresses. This year, with ongoing supply chain issues, there is no guarantee that the mattresses will be in stock and ready to ship. If you’re looking for a great deal on a mattress, your best bet will be to shop now.
Is Black Friday the best time to buy a mattress?
Mattress retailers often run sales that coincide with holidays including Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Many lower their prices in May to make space for new models in June and discount newer models later in the year.
Nonetheless, companies also offer great discounts, and sometimes accessory bundles, for Black Friday, too. Given the shipping issues and labor shortages this year, we recommend buying early for any product you truly want, mattresses included.
There’s more where this deal came from. Sign up for Reviewed’s Perks and Rec newsletter and we’ll keep ‘em coming every Sunday through Friday.
The product experts at Reviewed have all your shopping needs covered. Follow Reviewed on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok or Flipboard for the latest deals, product reviews and more.
Prices were accurate at the time this article was published but may change over time.Internet Explorer Channel Network