The students faced the slime poisoning signs
Nguyen Thuc Dung, vice chairman of the district People’s Committee said that a group of third-grade students bought a box of slime at a shop near the school. Many of their classmates also played the toy. Just a short time after that, these students faced vomiting and breathing difficulty and the teachers had to take 28 of them to a local healthcare centre. Six more students were also taken to hospital by their parents after that.
Six among those with more serious symptoms were then sent to Da Nang Hospital for Women and Children.
The school has temporarily closed for sterilisation.
According to Dung, local police have taken the slime samples for being tested.
This is the first time the city has witnessed such a case, Dung added.