Celebrate Indigenous excellence
Indspire has announced the recipients of the 2021 Indspire Awards, representing the highest honour the organization bestows upon Indigenous community.
The Awards recognize Indigenous professionals and youth who demonstrate outstanding career achievement on a national level in a variety of fields, including: the arts; business & commerce; culture, heritage & spirituality; education; health; law & justice; public service; sports; and lifetime achievement. Three Youth Award winners are also being honoured for their accomplishments, serving as role models to other First Nations, Inuit, and Métis youth in their communities and across Canada.
2021 Indspire Awards – Promo
21 days ago
The 2021 Indspire Awards airs on CBC TV, CBC Radio One, APTN and CBC Gem Tuesday, June 22 @ 8/8:30NT 0:15
The new format, executive produced by Jennifer Podemski, focuses heavily on the story of each recipient, pushing the boundaries of what is possible for celebratory events during unconventional times.
“When I think about all of the obstacles my team had to face this year, I am in awe of what was accomplished,” says Podemski.
“This year, through the production of the Indspire Awards we have proven that with hard work, perseverance and collaboration, we as Indigenous people can rise above adversity and achieve our goals when we work together and support one another,” she continued.
Indspire is delighted to announce the recipients of the 2021 Indspire Awards.
2021 Indspire Awards Recipients
- Lesley Hampton – Youth (First Nations)
- Mitchell MacDougall – Youth (Inuit)
- Justin Langan – Youth (Métis)
- Rosa Walker – Business & Commerce
- Emily Angulalik – Culture, Heritage & Spirituality
- Nahanni Fontaine – Public Service
- Dallas Soonias – Sports
- Val Napoleon – Law & Justice
- Lorne Gladu – Education
- Drew Hayden Taylor – Arts
- Catherine Cook – Health
- Qapik Attagutsiak – Lifetime Achievement
How to watch
There're plenty of ways to tune in!
Stream it online
You can stream it on the free CBC Gem app on June 22 at 8pm (8:30 p.m. NT).
Watch on television
Tune in to CBC TV or APTN on June 22 at 8pm (8:30 p.m. NT).
Hear it on the radio
Adjust your dial to the CBC Radio One station in your region on June 22 at 8pm (8:30 p.m. NT).
2021 Indspire Awards Presenters
These incredible people will be presenting the awards:
- Michaela Washburn, queer artist and award-winning actor
- Waneek Horn-Miller, sports commentator and advocate for sport, fitness and wellness
- Sid Bobb, Gemini award-winning actor
- Theland Kicknosway, singer and dancer (grass and hoop)
- Kiley May, two-spirit transgender and queer multidisciplinary artist and storyteller
- Adeline Bird, broadcaster
- Beatrice Deer, award-winning singer-songwriter and healthy lifestyle activist