Getting a good morning text is one of the best ways to start the day. However, if you’re not used to texts like these, it can be a little hard to figure out what exactly you should say back. We’ve compiled a list of responses you can use for a variety of ways to answer a good morning text. Keep reading to learn what to say in any situation so you never run out of responses again.
Method 1 of 11: “Good morning. What are you doing up so early?”
If they’re not a morning person, tease them about it a little bit. Maybe you’re normally the one who texts first, or maybe you usually don’t hear from them until way later. Whatever it is, you can show your boo that you pay attention to their habits by calling out a switch in the routine. You might also say something like:
- “Well, hello early bird. Up at the crack of dawn today, huh?”
- “I can’t believe you beat me to a morning text!”
Method 2 of 11: “Morning! Can’t wait to see you later.”
Build the anticipation for your date that night. If you’re seeing your boo later on, let them know that you’re thinking about it already, even if you have to wait all day. They’ll be happy that you’re excited, and they’ll probably tell you the same! You could also say:
- “Good morning! Hate that I have to wait all day to see you.”
- “Hey! Have you decided where you want to go to dinner tonight? My treat.”
Method 3 of 11: “Good luck at your meeting later!”
If they’re nervous about something, tell them it’ll be okay. It could be a big meeting, a test, or a presentation that they’ve worked really hard on. Let them know you care by wishing them luck and showing that you remember the important things. You could also text them something like:
- “Good morning! You’re gonna crush that presentation later.”
- “Hey cutie! Can’t wait to hear how the meeting goes!”
Method 4 of 11: “Hearing from you always brightens my day.”
Let them know that their morning texts are appreciated. If you’re in a new relationship or you just started casually dating, they might feel a little silly sending morning texts. Tell them that you like waking up to them by saying they’re a great start to the day. That way, you’ll keep getting them! You could also say:
- “I love waking up to a text from you.”
- “Seeing your name on my phone always makes me smile.”
Method 5 of 11: “Hey cutie! Hope your day is amazing, just like you.”
Wish them well and compliment them at the same time. If they have a tough day of work or school ahead of them, you can encourage them with a sweet morning text. Plus, they’ll be flattered that you think they’re amazing! You could also try something like:
- “Morning! I hope you only encounter awesome people like yourself today.”
Method 6 of 11: “I’m about to get some breakfast. Care to join?”
Invite them to meet up if you both have time. If you’re able to grab a bite to eat before work or school, tell your morning texter where you’ll be so you two can have a little breakfast date. If they’re busy, that’s okay! At least you extended the invitation.
- You could also say something like, “I’m heading to the diner down the street. Want to meet up?”
- Or, “So hungry after last night. How do donuts sound?”
Method 7 of 11: “Good morning handsome / beautiful.”
Give them a compliment to start their day off right. A simple text calling them handsome or beautiful is sure to put a smile on their face. Plus, you might even get a compliment back! Once they respond, you could even ask them to send a selfie or a pic of their outfit so you can see just how good they look today.
- You could also try, “Good morning! I don’t know what you’re wearing but I bet it’s fabulous.”
- Or, “Send me a selfie! I want to see that pretty face of yours.”
Method 8 of 11: “Hey there. How’d I get so lucky?”
Flatter them with this cute message. If you just want to tell your partner or the person you’re dating how much you like them, tell them you can’t believe you lucked out so much. It encompasses everything: their looks, their personality, and anything else you like about them. This compliment is sure to keep them smiling all morning long.
- You could also say, “Morning. Can’t believe I get to wake up from a text from a handsome guy like you.”
- Or, “Good morning! Love starting my day out right with a text from the most beautiful girl in the world.”
Method 9 of 11: “I had the craziest dream about you last night!”
Tell them that you think about them, even in your sleep. If you dreamt about your boo, go ahead and let them know. If they ask what the dream was about, you can explain it over text or save the saucy details for later. They’ll probably be flattered that your unconscious brain likes them as much as you do.
- You could also say something like, “Good morning! Guess who I dreamt about last night.”
- Or, “Morning! You had a busy night running through my mind while I slept.”
Method 10 of 11: “Morning! Need any help getting into trouble later?”
This is a cheeky way to suggest meeting up later. If you two don’t have plans today but you’re free later on, ask them if they want to get together. If they say yes, you can iron out the details and plan a fun date for the two of you after work or whenever you’re both free.
- You might also text them, “Hey! Any plans for the day?”
- Or, “I’m heading to a concert tonight. Care to join me?”
Method 11 of 11: “I wish I could have woken up next to you this morning.”
Get a little sexy and flirtatious with this message. If you and your boo have been hooking up (or planning to), tell them that you wish it could have happened last night. They’ll most likely agree, and you two can plan an adult sleepover whenever you’re both free.
- You could also say, “Good morning. I really wish you were here right now.”
- Or, “Morning. Wish I could see your beautiful face right now.”