Dating after divorce can feel like a whole new world. Chances are, things have changed a little since the last time you were in a new relationship, and you’ve definitely changed. If you’re hoping to meet women who’ve also gained experience from a marriage that ended, check out our suggestions below.
Method 1 of 8: Ask friends to introduce you.
Let them know you’re hoping to meet a divorced woman. They’ll probably be able to put you in touch or help you set up a blind date. If you feel uncomfortable, ask your friends if they’d want to do a double date.
- For even less pressure, host a party and ask your friends to invite single women they know. Sometimes, a fun, casual setting makes it easier to talk to someone new!
- It might help if you tell your friends what you’re looking for in a new relationship. This way, they can introduce you to divorced women who are looking for similar things in a new relationship.
Method 2 of 8: Take a class or activity that interests you.
Learn a new skill, attend a lecture, or join a team. Think about what you’re passionate about and use your interest to meet people. If you keep an open mind, you’ll probably meet divorced women in many of your encounters. Plus, you’ll be doing something for your own benefit that you find interesting.
- Think about classes, sports, or activities that tend to attract more women than men so your odds are good at meeting a divorced woman. You might take a cooking class, attend a lecture at an art museum, or join a book club.
Method 3 of 8: Volunteer for a cause you care about.
Spend a few hours every week helping out in your community. This is a great way for you to do some good while meeting people that care about similar issues. You’ll also be able to develop friendships if you volunteer on a regular basis and you may just hit it off with someone who’s divorced.
- For instance, you might volunteer to make meals for the hungry in your city or help out at a local animal shelter. Many museums and cultural venues also take volunteers to give tours or help out at information desks.
Method 4 of 8: Use online dating sites.
Create a profile and search for divorced women you’re interested in. Be honest as you’re setting up your account so you’re more likely to find a match. You can filter your match results so you’re just seeing divorced women. Not sure where to start? Here are a few divorced dating sites that are popular:
- Divorced, Free, and Single
- One Single Person
- Divorced and Looking
- Just Divorced – Singles
Method 5 of 8: Try a dating app.
Download an app so you can quickly and easily connect. If the idea of a dating website seems a little stuffy for you, add an app to your phone so you can casually search for divorced women. Some dating apps you can try are:
- Divorced Chat
Method 6 of 8: Hit a popular club or bar.
Do your research on places to find divorced women. Read reviews of nightclubs or popular bars in your area and try to figure out what type of women go to them. You might not be lucky at a club that’s popular with sorority girls, for instance, but a bar that draws slightly older women and more of a mixed crowd will probably help you meet divorced women.
- Don’t forget to search specifically for singles bars. From there, you can read about the atmosphere and type of women that usually hang out there.
Method 7 of 8: Attend local singles events.
Search for events in your community or find them on a meetup site. You might use a site like meetup.com, which can help you filter events even more. Sure, a lot of these events will cater to all single people, but you’ll most likely find that divorced people make up a good number of attendees.
- For instance, a local vineyard or museum may have a singles evening where they offer drinks and music for a small donation.
Method 8 of 8: Be open to meeting women in your everyday life.
Divorced women are everywhere, so be friendly and outgoing. Sure, you’re more likely to meet divorced women if you search them out online, but don’t forget that divorced women are in all the same places that other single women are. You most likely work with divorced women, see them at the store, or bump elbows with them when you travel.
- This is also a great reminder to keep your options open. Be curious and engage with any woman you’re attracted to regardless of whether or not you know she’s divorced.