Method 1 of 2: Setting Up a Paid Newsletter In Revue
- Revue will take 5% of every transaction between you and your readers, but compared to competitor Substack’s 10% + 3% transaction fee, Revue is generous in their charging amounts. Here are the steps for how to set up paid content on Revue:
- On the “Building a Newsletter” page, click on the blue “Connect Your Stripe Account” button at the bottom of the screen. This will bring you to a screen with a gray button in the upper right-hand corner. Click on the blue “Sign Into Your Stripe Account” button.
- Enter your Stripe account details. Once you’ve signed into Stripe, Revue will take you to a screen confirming that you want to connect your Stripe account. Click the blue “Connect my Stripe Account” button in the middle of the screen.
- Add a title and description to the Members tab of your profile page, set the currency or monthly subscription fee to your newsletter, and offer your members coupons or discounts.
- You can always go into your account settings and change these details later if something changes.
Method 2 of 2: Additional Ways to Make Money on Revue
- If all your content is free, explain to readers that you create a free product they enjoy and donating is a great way to support your work.
Generate affiliate revenue. Link or mention outside products in your newsletter and earn a cut when your readers buy from the company. The size of your cut varies depending on your audience and for bigger companies, you’ll need a large reader base.
Sell newsletter sponsorships. Instead of including ads at the beginning or end of your email, sell entire newsletter sponsorships. The best way to go about this is by finding companies that connect to what you’re writing about. Offer to advertise their product or service by having their experts contribute to your newsletter for that month.
- For example, if your newsletter usually addresses the best places to hike, maybe a local outdoors store would pay to reach your audience by co-writing your newsletter for one issue.
Create more than one newsletter. This option requires a little bit more work, but instead of having just one newsletter for all your subscribers, you could split your content into multiple newsletters.
- You can reach a larger audience by having a wide variety of newsletter categories, increasing your overall subscriber count. Make sure your content is unique across all your newsletters.