Bulletin by Facebook is a newsletter tool for independent writers. It is one of the many platforms that allows writers and journalists full editorial control over their content while making a monthly income. It can’t get much better than that! Facebook hasn’t released access to writer ship on Bulletin for everyone, but they have plans to roll out the writers feature nationwide in the coming months. To get you ready for that release, we’ve compiled a list of the best ways to start making money on Bulletin.
Method 1 of 6: Creating Paid Subscription-Based Content
Bulletin allows you to create paid subscription-based content.
This type of content is only accessible to your paying subscribers. Typically, writers choose to create two tiers of content in their newsletters. Free content, which is accessible to all subscribers, and paid content which is only available to paying subscribers. To earn income on your newsletter, you will need to create content for paying subscribers.
- You can decide how much you want your subscribers to pay and how much content you want to put behind the paywall. The more paid content you have, the more opportunities you have for making money.
- Be sure to create free content as well so potential paying subscribers can get a feel for your writing.
Method 2 of 6: Asking For Donations
The simplest and easiest way to make more money is by asking your readers for donations.
This option is best for people who don’t have any subscription-based content. It might feel off to ask for readers to contribute to you, but there are plenty of genuine ways to do about it.
- Frame donations as supporting your work. Getting donations directly supports you and the content you create. If all your content is free, explain to readers that you create a free product they enjoy and donations are a great way to support the work you do.
- Set up an easy way to receive donations. This could be through Venmo, Paypal, or even GoFundMe. There are lots of sites that allow subscribers to support you.
- Be sure to link your donation pages on all your social media and websites and let your readers know how much you appreciate their support.
- You can also end every newsletter with a call to action to donate.
Method 3 of 6: Using Analytics Tools
Bulletin offers extensive data analytics to help improve your newsletters.
Bulletin will have many robust analytics tools to help writers grow their subscriber count and content over time. Use these analytics tools to see which of your content is most popular with your subscribers.
- Use this data to focus on your most popular topics or content types to attract more free and paying subscribers.
Method 4 of 6: Using Bulletin’s Features
Leverage useful features within Bulletin to improve your newsletters.
You can give certain privileges to specific subscribers using built-in features on the platform.
- Restrict commenting abilities to subscribers only.
- Create special Facebook groups to form a sense of community with your readers. You can choose to restrict these to only subscribing readers.
- Utilize Facebook Live or Facebook’s Live Audio Rooms to extend the conversations in your newsletters and reach different audiences.
- Promote your writing on Facebook News and Facebook pages to reach more users.
Method 5 of 6: Including Outside Advertisements
Conciser advertising products within your newsletters.
Facebook has not announced if it plans to restrict advertisements, but as of right now, you can link or mention outside products in your newsletter. With this method, you earn money through affiliate marketing or flat-rate collaborations with advertisers.
Find companies that connect to your content and research their sponsorship policies online.
Your income will vary depending on your audience size and engagement metrics. Since Bulletin is so new, companies may be looking for writers to advertise their products to a new reader base.
Method 6 of 6: Personalizing Your Page
On Bulletin, you will have a separate webpage as a writer with personalization and design tools.
Make your website stand out! Just like book covers, readers are drawn into a clean, aesthetic design. Make readers want to click on your content by having a personal touch to your page. Getting more subscribers and reads means more money in your pocket.
Bulletin is a new and growing platform. As more readers discover the platform, there will be new opportunities for writers to make money. Facebook has already announced plans to make Bulletin compatible for collaboration between writers and is working on making it easy to promote your writing to platforms outside of Facebook.
- Keep on top of Bulletin’s latest updates to make sure you know the best ways to increase your subscriber count and income.