The release of Fifa 22 is as hotly anticipated as ever, with fans eager to sink their teeth into the new edition.
Lucky gamers have already had the chance to road test the game through the closed beta, while the release of its player ratings whetted the appetite further.
One of the final milestones ahead of Fifa 22’s full release on Friday 1 October will be the new version of the Web App going live.
An ideal companion for fans of the series’ flagship Ultimate Team mode (FUT), it gives gamers the chance to potentially steal a march on the competition – here’s the latest on when to expect it.
When will the Fifa 22 Web App be released?
EA Sports has confirmed that the Fifa 22 Web App will launch on Wednesday 22 September, with the FUT Companion App following on Thursday 23 September.
Last year, it came out 30 September, just under a week before the main game was unveiled on 6 October, while ahead of Fifa 19 and Fifa 20 the app was released a full nine days ahead of the main game.
How will the Fifa 22 app work?
While the features of the new app have not been confirmed yet, it is very unlikely that it will deviate too far from the winning formula which has made it a valuable tool for fans.
It allows gamers to access key FUT features such as managing your squad and preparing for matches when on the go, including through squad selection and consumables.
Fifa fans can buy and sell players on the transfer market and purchase and open FUT cards in the store, expanding their squads and completing squad building challenges.
You can also customise your FUT stadium on the go, customising everything from the walkout music to goal celebrations, while last year’s version introduced the feature to choose a side for FUT Events.
While it is therefore useful throughout the year, it can be particularly valuable ahead of the game’s actual release as it gives die-hard gamers the chance to get ahead of the competition by giving their squad some early development.
Who are the best players on Fifa 22?
As has become standard, EA Sports released the list of the best players on the new game ahead of its release:
- Lionel Messi – PSG and Argentina – 93
- Robert Lewandowski – Bayern Munich and Poland – 92
- Cristiano Ronaldo – Manchester United and Portugal – 91
- Kevin de Bruyne – Manchester City and Belgium – 91
- Kylian Mbappé – PSG and France – 91
- Neymar Jr. – PSG and Brazil – 91
- Jan Oblak – Atletico Madrid and Slovakia – 91
- Harry Kane – Tottenham and England – 90
- N’Golo Kanté – Chelsea and France – 90
- Manuel Neuer – Bayern Munich and Germany – 90
- Marc-André ter Stegen – Barcelona and Germany – 90
- Mohamed Salah – Liverpool and Egypt – 89
- Gianluigi Donnarumma – PSG and Italy – 89
- Karim Benzema – Real Madrid and France – 89
- Virgil van Dijk – Liverpool and Netherlands – 89
- Joshua Kimmich – Bayern Munich and Germany – 89
- Son Heung-min – Tottenham and South Korea – 89
- Alisson – Liverpool and Brazil – 89
- Thibault Courtois – Real Madrid and Belgium – 89
- Casemiro – Real Madrid and Brazil – 89
- Ederson – Manchester City and Brazil – 89
- Sadio Mané – Liverpool and Senegal – 89
What are the new features on Fifa 22?
One of the biggest additions for Fifa 22 is “HyperMotion technology”, which will be exclusive to gamers on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S and Stadia.
EA Sports used motion capture on 22 professional players and combined it with a machine learning algorithm in order to create more realistic movements and reactions.
A long-awaited feature, which fans have called for for some time, is the option to create a brand new club in Career Mode.
There will also be a series of developments in the popular Ultimate Team mode, with the addition of new FUT Heroes cards as well as redesigned Division Rivals and FUT Champions.Internet Explorer Channel Network