- Carolyn Covington, 60, of Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Irene Michaels, 75, of Chicago.
- Wendy Farrell of Phoenix.
- Christian Allaire, 28, of New York City
Irene Michaels is a beauty and luxury lifestyle expert and an international bestselling author of “I On Beauty — Living Beautifully and Luxuriously Beyond 50.”
Some may recognize the former model from a recurring role on the afternoon soap opera “General Hospital” in the 1990s. Today she is better known for “I On The Scene,” a culture and society webzine that publishes content about food, fashion, travel and culture.
A terrible car crash injured her self-esteem along with the face and body she used to make a living. It took her years to regain her confidence, and she will tell the story of how that happened.
“It’s very important to love yourself, forgive yourself, and always maintain a healthy attitude toward yourself and your neighbor,” she said.
Farrell, who has loved fashion since she was a child in Vermont, now serves on the board at the Phoenix Art Museum’s Arizona Costume Institute and works as a costume designer at Wonder Wendy and Friends.
“Being our authentic selves and honoring that of others’ really is the key to community,” said the stylist and award-winning designer.
This virtual storytelling night is part of the Storytellers Project’s 2021 storytelling season, which includes 43 national and regional shows. The series features stories from across the United States told by people coached by USA TODAY Network journalists and professional storytelling experts.
WATCH: Episodes from the Storytellers Project
Learn more about the Storytellers Project and apply to tell a story at https://www.storytellersproject.com/.
Need to know
- What: “Fashion and Culture”
- Where: The Storytellers Project’s Facebook Page, YouTube channel and website.
- When: June 8, 4 p.m. PT / 7 p.m. ET
- More: Watch past virtual shows on YouTube and recorded in-person shows on the Storytellers Project’s website.
- June 15: Fatherhood
- July 13: Stories about Stories
- Aug. 17: Travel and Overseas Adventures
- Sept. 14: Outdoor Adventures
- Oct. 19: Home
- Nov. 9: Veterans
- Nov. 16: Food and Family
- Dec.14: Holidays