The FA Cup third round draw served up a swathe of mouthwatering ties, including Arsenal against Liverpool and a Tyne-Wear derby between Sunderland and Newcastle.
With Premier League and Championship sides entering the competition, the 32 ties will be played over the weekend of Saturday, January 6 and Sunday, January 7 as the journey to Wembley continues. Manchester United will travel to face Wigan Athletic – their first away draw since March 2020 – and Chelsea are set to host Preston.
Meanwhile, Tottenham will welcome Burnley in an all-Premier League encounter and holders Manchester City have been drawn at home to Huddersfield. City beat United 2-1 in last season’s final and if they’re wanting to win the Treble again, they’ll have to triumph at Wembley once again.
The 2024 final is due to be played on Saturday, May 25. Eighth-tier Ramsgate are the lowest-ranked side left in the competition and they’ll host in-form Ipswich Town should they beat AFC Wimbledon in Monday night’s match.
The headline of the draw was a long-awaited Tyne-Wear derby, as Sunderland will play host to cash-rich Newcastle at the Stadium of Light. The two north-east giants last faced each other in March 2016, meaning it’ll almost be eight full years since their last encounter.
Premier League fans will be salivating over the prospect of Arsenal hosting Liverpool. The pair will play each other three times between December 23 and February 3, having last faced off in April for a thrilling 2-2 draw which dented Arsenal’s title hopes.
Wigan last welcomed United on New Year’s Day 2013, although have faced the Red Devils twice since then – once in the Community Shield later that year and then in the 2017 FA Cup fourth round.
Get involved! Which third round tie are you most looking forward to? Join the debate in the comments section.
Sunderland and Newcastle will face-off in first Tyne-Wear derby since 2016
FA Cup third round draw in full
- Luton Town vs Bolton Wanderers
- Shrewsbury Town vs Wrexham OR Yeovil Town
- Arsenal vs Liverpool
- Stoke City vs Brighton and Hove Albion
- Norwich City vs Crewe Alexandra OR Bristol Rovers
- West Ham United vs Bristol City
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Burnley
- Fulham vs Rotherham United
- West Bromwich Albion vs Aldershot OR Stockport County
- Southampton vs Alfreton Town OR Walsall
- AFC Wimbledon OR Ramsgate vs Ipswich Town
- Peterborough United vs Leeds United
- Millwall vs Leicester City
- Watford vs Chesterfield OR Leyton Orient
- Sunderland vs Newcastle
- Sheffield Wednesday vs Cardiff City
- Crystal Palace vs Everton
- Middlesbrough vs Aston Villa
- Nottingham Forest vs Blackpool OR Forest Green Rovers
- Wigan Athletic vs Manchester United
- Manchester City vs Huddersfield Town
- Blackburn Rovers vs Cambridge United
- Gillingham vs Sheffield United
- Swansea City vs Morecambe
- Chelsea vs Preston North End
- Queens Park Rangers vs Bournemouth
- Coventry City vs Oxford United
- Brentford vs Wolverhampton Wanderers
- Plymouth Argyle vs Sutton United
- Maidstone United vs Stevenage OR Port Vale
- Newport OR Barnet vs Eastleigh OR Reading
- Hull City vs Birmingham City
Join our new WhatsApp community! Click this link to receive your daily dose of Mirror Football content. We also treat our community members to special offers, promotions, and adverts from us and our partners. If you don’t like our community, you can check out any time you like. If you’re curious, you can read our Privacy Notice.News Related