Mystery surrounds an incident at one of Scarborough’s most popular beach-side bars which has prompted those at the venue to “deeply apologise”.
On Saturday El Grotto posted on its Instagram page a statement which spoke of an unknown incident, believed to have occurred on Friday night or Saturday morning.
“We acknowledge the incident that occurred at our venue last night,” the statement read.
“The policies and procedures we have in place to achieve what we stand for as a venue were not followed. For anyone impacted we deeply apologise.
“Inappropriate conduct is neither welcome nor tolerated and we are committed to ensuring El Grotto is a safe space for our guests.
“We take these matters very seriously and have commenced an investigation.”
No more information about the incident has emerged so far.
When contacted on Sunday a duty manager at the venue told The West Australian no further comment would be made until an investigation was completed.
He said however it was not a police matter and was only an internal investigation.Internet Explorer Channel Network