Spain has now received a total of 75,175,461 doses of Covid-19 vaccines (52,895,871 from Pfizer-BioNTech, 10,752,630 from Moderna, 9,202,000 from AstraZeneca and 2,324,960 from Janssen).
Based on total figures collated up to the end of Sunday 19 September, a total of 69,332,829 jabs have now been administered across Spain, representing 92.2% of total doses received. 37,452,529 people have now received at least one dose of the vaccine, representing 78.9% of the total population. 36,005,546 people have now been fully vaccinated*, representing 75.9% of the total population (85.5% of the population aged over 12).
Three regions, Asturias, Galicia and Extremadura have now fully vaccinated over 80% of their residents.
*Fully vaccinated includes those who have received just one jab of the Janssen vaccine (currently 1,955,182 people), or two jabs of another vaccine.
Spain had set a target of fully vaccinating 70% of its total population by the end of August – in a period of eight months since first starting the vaccinations on 27 December 2020. Figures collated up to 31 August showed that the target was achieved, with 70.3% of the population fully vaccinated at that date.
Overall, 94.9% of all citizens aged over 40 have now received a first jab; 93.4% have been fully vaccinated. For specific age groups:
- Aged 12-19: 81.3% have received a first jab; 68.8% fully vaccinated.
- Aged 20-29: 77.4% first jab; 71.2% fully vaccinated.
- Aged 30-39: 76.7% first jab; 72.6% fully vaccinated.
- Aged 40-49: 87.5% first jab; 85.6% fully vaccinated.
- Aged 50-59: 94.5% first jab; 93.2% fully vaccinated.
- Aged 60-69: 98.6% first jab; 96.8% fully vaccinated.
- Aged 70-79: 99.4% first jab; 98.7% fully vaccinated.
- Over 80s: 100% first jab; 100% fully vaccinated.
For a full breakdown of the number of jabs administered (both first and second jabs) per age group for each region, click here for the latest Health Ministry data. The latest main figures per region collated up to Sunday 19 September are as follows:
|% of Total
|Castilla y León||2,176,253||1,912,497||79.9%|
|Castilla La Mancha||1,808,784||1,516,321||74.1%|
Click here for all reports on Coronavirus in Spain.Internet Explorer Channel Network