Covid in Bay of Plenty
• Rotorua bakery opts out of enforcing vaccine passes
• Five confirmed Covid cases at Te Akau ki Pāpāmoa School
• Destiny Church pastor to fight Covid-19 public health order charges
• Rotorua and Taupō councils bar unvaccinated from most public facilities
There are two new cases of Covid-19 in the Lakes District Health Board region and one new case in the Bay of Plenty Health Board region today, including one in hospital.
One of the Lakes cases is in Rotorua and is a household contact of a previously reported case. They were already self-isolating at home when they tested positive.
Investigations are underway to determine any links between the other new case and previously reported cases.
The case in the Western Bay of Plenty is a household contact of a previously reported case and was already self-isolating at home when they tested positive.
There are no further cases to report today associated with Te Akau ki Papamoa School, but the assessment by Toi Te Ora Public Health is that further cases associated with the school are likely.
There are also several new locations of interest including the Tauranga Library, a bar, food locations and service stations.
The total active cases for Bay of Plenty is 62 while Lakes is 28.
There are 172 new cases of Covid-19 in New Zealand today and 86 people are in hospital, including one in the Bay of Plenty.
The Ministry of Health ask anyone in New Zealand with symptoms, no matter how mild, to get tested, even if you’re vaccinated. Please remain isolated until you return a negative test result.
Locations of interest
There are several new locations of interest including the Tauranga Library, a bar, food locations and service stations.
City Sports Bar Tauranga. Wednesday November 24. 8:45pm – 11:59pm and Thursday November 25 12am – 1am.
Ground Level Public Computers at Tauranga Library. Thursday November 25 11:30am – 2:30pm.
Self-isolate, test immediately and on day five after you were exposed at these locations of interest.
Anyone at the following locations need to self-monitor for Covid-19 symptoms for 10 days after you were exposed and if symptoms develop, get a test and stay at home until you get a negative test result.
Subway 12th Avenue Tauranga. Saturday November 27 12:51pm – 2:15pm.
Z Hewletts Road Mount Maunganui. Thursday November 25 4:45am – 7:15am.
Turkish To Go Greerton. Wednesday November 24 7:41pm – 8:45pm.
Super Liquor Greerton. Saturday November 27 7:02pm – 8:30pm.
Z Central Parade Mount Maunganui. Tuesday November 23 4:45am – 7am and Wednesday November 24 4:45am – 7am.
Tauranga Library Tauranga. Thursday November 25 11:30am – 2:30pm.
Countdown Fraser Cove Thursday, November 25 6:52pm- 8:17pm.
Where you can get your Covid-19 vaccination for Thursday December 2:
• 7am to 8am Ranolf Medical Centre, appointment only
• 7.30am to 4.30pm Covid-19 Immunisation Hub, next to Noel Leeming (free coffee in first hour)
• 9am to 4.45pm Owhata Medical Centre Pharmacy, book in
• 9.30am to 5pm Unichem The Mall Pharmacy, drop in or book
• 9.45am to 2pm Owhata Pharmacy, 553 Te Ngae Rd, drop in or call (07) 345 9438 to book
• 9.15am to 7pm Unichem Central Pharmacy, book for 6pm to 7pm, otherwise drop-in
• 3pm to 8pm Te Arawa drive-Through, 33 Clayton Rd, free hāngī
• 8am to 5pm Taupō Health Centre, 113 Te Heu Heu St, drop in, open to all
• 8am to 5pm Taupō Medical Centre, 117 Te Heu Heu St, drop-in, open to all
• 8.30am to 4.30pm Covid-19 Immunisation Hub, 6/29 Totara St (last appointment 3.50pm)
• 6pm to 7.30pm Unichem MainStreet Pharmacy, Tongariro St, bookings essential
• 8.30am to 6pm Pihanga Health, book or walk in
Locations of interest:
Tauranga and Western Bay
• City Sports Bar Tauranga.Wednesday November 24. 8:45pm – 11:59pm and Thursday November 25 12am – 1am.
• Ground Level Public Computers at Tauranga Library. Thursday November 25 11:30am – 2:30pm.
• Subway 12th Avenue Tauranga. Saturday November 27 12:51pm – 2:15pm.
• Z Hewletts Road Mount Maunganui. Thursday November 25. 4:45am – 7:15am.
• Turkish To Go Greerton. Wednesday November 247:41pm – 8:45pm.
• Super Liquor Greerton. Saturday November 27 7:02pm – 8:30pm.
• Z Central Parade Mount Maunganui. Tuesday 23 November 4:45am – 7am and Wednesday November 24 4:45am – 7am.
• Tauranga Library Tauranga. Thursday November 25 11:30am – 2:30pm.
• Countdown Fraser Cove Thu, 25 Nov 6:52pm- 8:17pm
• Martys Pool Bar Tauranga Wed, 24 Nov 7:45pm – 10pm
• PAK’nSAVE Cameron Road Tauranga Sun, 28 Nov 4:45 PM – 7pm
• Papamoa Sports Tennis Club, November 26, 4.30pm-6pm.
• The Martial Arts Academy Papamoa. November 22. 3.45pm-5.30pm. Anyone who was at this location on Monday, November 22, 3.45pm-5.30pm needs to self-isolate, test immediately and on day five after you were exposed.
• Farmers Bayfair, November 22, 4.27pm-6pm
• Papamoa Plaza, November 22, 5.18pm-6.40pm
• Kmart Bethlehem, November 20, 10.45am-11.20am
• Mount Maunganui Toy Library, November 20, 10.05am-11.20am
• BP Bethlehem, November 20, 10.14am-12.15pm
• Papamoa Sports and Recreation Centre, November 23 and 24, 2.45pm-6.30pm and 2.45pm-5.30pm.
• Gull Te Puke, November 26, 8.30am-9.30am.
• Warehouse Fraser Cove, Tauranga, November 19, 0.15am-12pm.
• Paengaroa Liquor Store, November 19, 6.30pm-7.40pm.
Rotorua and Taupō
• Millennium Hotel Rotorua, Tuesday, November 23, 10am-11.59pm; Wednesday, November 24, 12am-11pm; Thursday, November 25, 12am-10am.
• Skyline Rotorua, Wednesday, November 24, 11.04am-12.30pm.
• Gull Lake Road Koutu, Rotorua, November 20, 7am-8.20am
• Lake Taupo Holiday Resort, November 22, 10am-2.30pm.
• Dixie Browns Taupō, November 22, 8.30am-11am.
• McDonald’s Te Ngae, November 19, 7am-8.20am.
• Gold Star Bakery Patrick’s Pies Mangakakahi, November 18, 6.03am-7.28am
• Whakatane Hospital Emergency Department, Sunday, November 21, 2pm-6.15pm.
Self-isolate, test immediately and on day 5 after you were exposed at this location of interest. Further isolation and testing requirements will be provided by Public Health.
Record your visit online or call Healthline so our contact tracers can get in touch.
The ministry said anyone who was at one of these locations should self-isolate and test immediately then again on day 5 after they were exposed at this location of interest. Further isolation and testing requirements will be provided by Public Health.