A reader with email address thanhphuongx @ xx asked: I had an Indian friend who has worked at a foreign-invested company in Vietnam for more than 2 years. Now he wants to apply for a permanent residence card in Vietnam. What are the conditions for foreigners who want to be granted permanent residence card in Vietnam? Lawyer Nguyen Thi Trang, YouMe Law Firm answers: Clause 14, Article 3 of the 2014 Law on entry, exit, transit and residence of foreigners in Vietnam explains permanent residence card as follows: Permanent residence card is a document issued by an immigration authority for foreigners who are allowed to reside indefinitely in Vietnam and have the validity of visa replacement. Article 39 of the Law 2014 on Entry, Exit, and TransitResidence of Foreigners in Vietnam provides for cases considered for permanent residence as follows: 1. Alien work, contribute to the construction and protection of the State Vietnam country Vietnam medal or State honors.
2. Foreigners who are scientists, professionals are staying in Vietnam.
3. Foreigners are father, mother, wife, husband, children, Vietnam's citizens are resident in Vietnam guarantee.
4. Stateless Persons were staying constantly in Vietnam from 2000 onward. Article 40 of the 2014 Law on entry, exit, transit, and residence of foreigners in Vietnam provides conditions for consideration for permanent residence as follows: 1. Alien prescribed in article 39 of this law, the resident consideration if there is room in the legitimate and stable income guarantee life in Vietnam. 2. Alien prescribed in clause 2 of this Act must be 39 Ministers, heads of ministerial agencies, government agencies manage the State of the person's field of expertise.
3... Alien prescribed in paragraph 3 Article 39 of this law were staying in Vietnam from 3 years upwards.
3. Clause 3, Article 40 of the 2014 Law on Immigration is guided by Point a, Clause 2, Article 5 of Circular 31/2015 / TT-BCA of Circular providing guidance on a number of contents on the issue of visas, temporary residence cards, and Immigration permits, permanent residence for foreigners in Vietnam are as follows:
2. Determination of the period of temporary residence in Vietnam for foreigners applying for permanent residence:
a) Foreigners who have temporarily resided in Vietnam for 03 consecutive years or more in accordance with the provisions of Clause 3, Article 40 of the Law are determined on the basis of the entry verification seal, the exit verification seal issued at the checkpoint have a total duration of temporary residence in Vietnam from 03 years or more in the last 4 years up to the date of filing the application for permanent residence.
Please contact the free legal advice hotline 19008088 –or call the hotline: 0979310518; 0961360559 to get prompt and timely answers or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org or go to 6 Pham Van Bach, Hanoi and 198 Nguyen Thi Minh Khai, Ward 6, Q3, HCMC to get Lawyer consulting directly on from Tuesday to Friday every week.
This column is done with support from YouMe Law Firm.