A reader has email such as quangdungx @ xx asked: I am 18 years old and just graduated from high school. I do not want to go to university but plan to go to oversea for work next year. What conditions do I need to go to work abroad and how do I need prepare documents? Lawyer Nguyen Thi Trang, YouMe Law Firm answers: Article 42 of the Law on Vietnamese workers working abroad under the 2006 contract stipulates:
Workers may work abroad when they fully satisfy the following conditions:
1. Having full civil legal capacity;
2. Willing to work abroad;
3. Law abiding and of good moral behaviors;
4. Having good health as provided for by Vietnamese law and required by the receiving country; ( Word Reader - Unregistered ) www.word-reader.com 29
5. Meeting requirements of foreign language skills, technical and professional qualifications and other requirements of the receiving country;
6. Having a certificate of possession of pre-departure orientation;
7. Not subject of a ban on exiting Vietnam under Vietnamese law.
Article 43 of the Law on Vietnamese employees working abroad under the 2006 contract stipulates that the dossier for going to work abroad is as follows:
1. Workers willing to work abroad shall submit relevant dossiers to enterprises, State-owned non-profit organizations, offshore-investing organizations or individuals that send them abroad.
2. A worker working abroad dossier comprises:
a) An application for working abroad;
b) A curriculum vitae certified by the People’s Committee of the commune, ward or township where he/she resides, or by the agency, organization or unit managing him/her, with its comments on his/her sense of observing law and morality;
c) A health certificate granted by a competent medical institution attesting to the worker’s good health;
d) Diplomas or certificates of foreign language proficiency, job skills and expertise and a certificate of possession of pre-departure orientation;
e) Other documents as required by the worker-receiving party
Thus, in order to work abroad under a labor contract, you need to meet the conditions and have all the documents as prescribed above.
Contact the free legal advice hotline 19008088 - call the hotline: 0979310518; 0961360559 to get prompt and timely answers or email us: email@example.com or go to 6 Pham Van Bach, Hanoi and 198 Nguyen Thi Minh Khai, Ward 6, Q3, HCMC to get Lawyer consulting directly on Tuesday, Friday every week.
This column is done with support from YouMe Law Firm.