Following the release of their album “Music of the Spheres,” Coldplay is launching a world tour that shares a name with the new 12-track record in summer 2022.
Chris Martin and his bandmates will travel all over to perform tracks live, including new single “Higher Power” as well as “My Universe,” which is a BTS collaboration.
Now that tickets are officially on sale, here’s everything you need to know about the tour and how to see the group in New Jersey (June 4 and 5) and Philadelphia (June 8).
Tickets to see Coldplay can be found on all verified ticketing websites like StubHub, SeatGeek, Ticketmaster, Ticketnetwork and Vivid Seats.
All of the secondary market merchants, like StubHub, have buyer guarantees or protection that ensure tickets are valid, will be delivered or accessible prior to the event, and will be same as what was bought.
What is Coldplay’s 2022 tour schedule? Where is the band performing?
Coldplay currently has 30 shows lined up for the tour, which starts in Mexico on March 25.
The official schedule includes several major U.S. cities as part of the tour, including Chicago, Houston, Inglewood and Atlanta. Prices will vary based on tour date and city.
Where to buy Coldplay tickets for N.J. concert
The group behind “Yellow” and “The Scientist” will perform at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford on June 4 and 5. Opening for the band will be H.E.R.
Tickets for the show currently can be found on SeatGeek, MegaSeats, Ticketmaster and Vivid Seats. At the time of publication, SeatGeek had the best-priced tickets coming at $71 plus fees for the June 4 show.
The June 5 show is a bit pricier. The best deal we could find for tickets was on Vivid Seats for $105 plus fees.
Prices are subject to fluctuation.
Where to buy Coldplay tickets for Philadelphia concert
Coldplay will journey with H.E.R. to hit Philly’s Lincoln Financial Field on June 8.
The cheapest seats we could find at the time of publication for this stadium show were listed on Vivid Seats for $89 plus fees.
Is there anything unique about this tour?
The tour will be sustainable.
Full details can be found on Coldplay’s website. However, here are just a few ways the tour hopes to accomplish an environmentally responsible show:
- Power the show entirely by renewable, super-low emission energy – with solar installations at every venue, waste cooking oil, a kinetic stadium floor and kinetic bikes powered by fans. This power will be stored in the first ever mobile, rechargeable show battery (made from recyclable BMW i3 batteries).
- Draw down significantly more CO2 than the tour produces with a range of nature- and technology-based solutions, including planting one tree for every ticket sold.
- Ensure all merchandise is sustainably and ethically sourced.
- Offer free drinking water and strive to eliminate plastic bottles at every venue.
- Put 10% of all earnings into a fund for environmental and socially-conscious causes, including ClientEarth, One Tree Planted and The Ocean Cleanup.
RELATED STORIES ABOUT LIVE EVENTS:
The Rolling Stones 2021 tour: Where to buy tickets, dates, schedule, lineup
‘Freestyle Love Supreme’ on Broadway: Where to buy tickets, schedule, cast
Red Hot Chili Peppers concert tickets: Where to buy, prices, 2022 tour schedule, opening acts
Please subscribe now and support the local journalism YOU rely on and trust.
Matt Levy can be reached at email@example.com. Find NJ.com on Facebook. Have a tip? Tell us. nj.com/tipsInternet Explorer Channel Network