There are a few iconic snacks every Disney Parks lover recognizes: Mickey’s Premium Ice Cream Bars, Mickey-shaped pretzels and Dole Whip.
The latter now has its own dedicated day, National Dole Whip Day, which coincides with the reopening of Walt Disney World’s Polynesian Resort on July 19.
The frozen pineapple treat has had a faithful following since it debuted in 1984 at Aloha Isle in the Magic Kingdom’s Adventureland at Disney World.
These days Dole Whip can be found at multiple locations across Disney World, Disneyland, Disney’s Aulani resort and Disney Cruise Line.
The official recipe is guarded by Disney magic, but Disney Parks shared a copycat recipe fans can make at home.
How to make Disney-inspired treat and more at home
►Disney World holidays 2021:
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party being replaced with new event
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts’ Dole Whip-inspired Frozen Pineapple Treat
- 1/2-3/4 cup pineapple juice, divided
- 2 cups frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 cup dairy-free vanilla ice cream
- Place 1/2 cup pineapple juice, frozen pineapple and dairy-free vanilla ice cream in blender, and blend until smooth – do not over blend. If the mixture is too thick to blend, add 2 tablespoons of pineapple juice at a time.
- Scoop into bowls and serve immediately. Serves four.
Source: The Walt Disney Company