- A one per four square metre capacity limit will be introduced in licenced premises
- No buffets or shared platters will be permitted and only seated outdoor dining is allowed
- Private gatherings will be capped at 10 people
- Masks will be required at all high risk settings, like aged care facilities, as well as on public transport and shared indoor spaces where physical distancing cannot be maintained
- No team or club contact sport is allowed and all indoor fitness facilities will be closed
- Personal care services, like hair salons, and non essential retail will also be shut
- Working from home is advised but not required
Police Commissioner Grant Stevens — who is also the state co-ordinator — said authorities were aware of the implications of going into stage four restrictions.
But, he said the decision was made because the consequences of not acting quickly could be more severe.
“We know what this does to people — both socially and from an economic point of view,” Mr Stevens said.
“We know there are people who will struggle as a result of these changes but … we’ve made this decision having looked at the alternatives and if we should go into lockdown at this time.”
Mr Stevens said South Australians have historically complied “exceptionally well” with severe restrictions and believed they would do so again.
Only outdoor seated food or drink consumption is permitted under the Level 4 restrictions. Picture: NCA NewsWire / Naomi JellicoeSource:News Corp Australia
Looking at the serology of the second infected person, SA chief public health officer Nicola Spurrier said it presented two possible scenarios — that she first transmitted the virus to her father and is in the end stages of her infection or he recently passed it onto her and she was currently in the early stages.
Professor Spurrier said more swabs were needed to determine a possible stronger signal of antibodies.
She said she believed the state would get on top of the potential outbreak, but authorities needed to act “hard and fast” and South Australians need to comply with the restrictions.
“We ask the SA community to reduce their movement whilst my team do all of this contact tracing … and buy some time to get ahead,” she said.
“What we know from interstate with the Delta variant – that we haven’t yet confirmed (is the variant the cases have)– is that it moves very rapidly … We don’t have time.”
The 81-year-old man was tested after he presented to the Modbury Hospital emergency department on Sunday. Picture: The Advertiser/ Morgan SetteSource:News Corp Australia
The elderly man presented to the Modbury Hospital, in Adelaide’s north eastern suburbs, on Sunday with respiratory symptoms and later tested positive to the virus.
There have been 16 close contacts, including the man’s daughter and grandson, that have been identified.
Professor Spurrier said the man had been in the South American country for “quite some time” before his daughter flew over there in February. They then returned to Australia together.
Because the man has been “out and about” in the community, tougher restrictions had been flagged.
Internal restrictions were also introduced last Thursday, which included a temporary ban on singing, dancing and the use of shisha.
Professor Spurrier said authorities believed the 81-year-old’s most infection period was from July 14 and contact tracers were frantically working to determine where he had been in order to identify all possible exposure sites.
Anyone who has been to the following locations during the listed times is required to immediately get tested, quarantine for 14 days and get retested on days five and 13 with their household contacts.
They must also complete this form to notify SA Health they were at one of these locations:
- OPSM, Golden Grove on Saturday, July 17 from 3pm-3:45pm
- Gaganis Bros, Hindmarsh on Friday, July 16 from 1pm-2:30pm
- CommBank, Modbury on July 13 from 10am-11:15am and July 14 from 10:30am-12:15pm
- Aldi, St Agnes Shopping Centre on Tuesday, July 13 from 10:20am to 11:30am
Gaganis Bros at Hindmarsh has been listed as an exposure site where anyone who visited as well as their household contacts needing to isolate. Picture: Tricia WatkinsonSource:News Corp Australia
Anyone who has been to the following locations during the listed times is required to immediately get tested, quarantine for 14 days and get retested on days five and 13 as well as fill out this online SA Health form:
- Golden Grove Shopping Centre, Golden Grove on Saturday, July 17 from 3.00pm to 4.45pm
- The Grove News Agency, Golden Grove on Saturday, July 17 from 3:30pm to 3:45pm
- St Agnes Shopping Centre, St Agnes on Tuesday, July 13 from 10.20am to 11:30am
- Modbury Hospital Emergency Department, Modbury on Sunday, July 18 from 10.00pm to Monday, July 19 at 8.00am
Those who have been to the St Agnes Shopping Centre on July 13 from 10.20am to 11:30am also need to get tested and quarantine for two weeks. Picture: SuppliedSource:Supplied
Those who have been to the following locations must monitor for symptoms:
- Wigley Reserve at Glenelg on Friday, July 16 from 12:30pm to 1:15pm