Blachowicz Bounced From Rakic Fight At UFC 297

blachowicz bounced from rakic fight at ufc 297

Blachowicz Bounced From Rakic Fight At UFC 297

Former UFC light heavyweight champion Jan Blachowicz needs surgery and was forced to withdraw from his upcoming Aleksandar Rakic rematch, previously scheduled for the UFC 297: “Strickland vs. Du Plessis” pay-per-view (PPV) event on Sat., Jan. 20, 2024 at Scotiabank Arena in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

“It wasn’t supposed to be this way,” Blachowicz wrote on social media. “It’s hard to express how I feel because it’s a mixture of anger and sadness. Withdrawing from a fight due to injury is one of the most difficult decisions a fighter can make. However, sometimes there is no other option, especially when you are competing in the Top 5 and want to put on a show at the highest possible level. Instead of fighting for the best shape, I fight with the pain during every training session. I did everything I could, but my shoulders need surgery. In this state, continuing preparations and entering the Octagon would be irresponsible and stupid.”

Rakic had little sympathy for his ailing 205-pound rival and quickly set his sights on former light heavyweight champion Jiri Prochazka, who “Rocket” hates for reasons not quite understood.

“You can never lose a rematch when you pull out for the second time,” Rakic wrote on Twitter. “Legendary Bullsh*t. Let’s see if the ‘Samurai’ has the balls to step up on Jan 20th.”

“I am in,” Prochazka replied. “But the earliest time I can be in Octagon is February-March. Accept?”

The promotion has yet to make an official announcement regarding the UFC 297 fight card (see it here) but you can expect matchmakers to begin working on a “Polish Power” replacement sooner, rather than later.

News Related

OTHER NEWS

Jimmy Carter and all living former first ladies to attend Rosalynn Carter’s memorial service

Former President Jimmy Carter is expected to attend the Tuesday memorial service for his late wife, Rosalynn Carter, in Atlanta, his grandson told CNN – a tribute that will also be ... Read more »

Rob Reiner to Film ‘This Is Spinal Tap' Sequel in February, Says Paul McCartney and Elton John Will Appear

Rob Reiner to Film ‘This Is Spinal Tap’ Sequel in February, Says Paul McCartney and Elton John Will Appear Forty years after making his directorial debut with the 1984 cult ... Read more »

Best Buy's Biggest Cyber Monday Deals on Samsung TVs, Sony Headphones, and Dyson Vacuums

Plus laptops and more last-minute deals you don’t want to miss People / Jaclyn Mastropasqua We have reached Cyber Monday is officially here, and there are loads of great deals ... Read more »

The Joffre Lakes surge returns north of Pemberton

The Joffre Lakes surge is back, much to the dismay of Pemberton and Mount Currie locals. Video footage shared with Pique shows a long line of cars illegally parked on ... Read more »

Activists calling for Gaza ceasefire begin hunger strike outside White House

Photograph: Jim Watson/AFP/Getty Images Leftwing activists including the actor Cynthia Nixon, famous for her role in Sex and the City, have begun a hunger strike outside the White House aimed ... Read more »

We just got a first look at McDonald's secretive new spinoff restaurant CosMc's

A construction site in Bolingbrook, Illinois, presumed to be the first location of CosMc’s. Scott Fredrickson McDonald’s has been reluctant to share many details about its planned new restaurant concept ... Read more »

Conor McGregor’s The Black Forge posts more than $2 million in losses since 2021 opening

Conor McGregor’s The Black Forge posts more than $2 million in losses since 2021 opening Conor McGregor made around a $2 million investment when he purchased the Dublin bar he ... Read more »
Top List in the World