While there is some truth in the above sentence, we all know the Bears are sitting at 0-1 with the rest of the sad sack NFC North, and Chicago’s young and exciting quarterback will be lucky to play a dozen snaps.
The Bengals drafted Joe Burrow first overall in the 2020 NFL Draft, and shortly thereafter they cut ties with their starting quarterback, Andy Dalton, who had been there the previous nine years (and 133 starts).
The Bears signed Dalton this spring, then drafted Justin Fields in the first round of the 2021 NFL Draft, and at some point this season the Bears are going to name Fields their starter (fingers crossed). But in the meantime Dalton will try to do what he can to show the other 31 teams that he’s worthy of a roster spot in 2022.
The Bears are sticking to their plan — clearly not the Chiefs/Mahomes plan that so many people fell for — and with each week that passes I would expect Fields’ snaps to increase, until he’s eventually named the QB1. I’m staying with my week 5 prediction, but I could certainly see it happening sooner, especially if Dalton doesn’t lead the Bears to a win on Sunday.
Here’s everything you need to know about the Bears vs Bengals week 2 matchup.
When is the game?
Sunday, September 19 at 12:00 p.m. CT
Where is the game?
Soldier Field, Chicago, Illinois
Some clouds with a mix of sunshine, a high of 82F and winds from the southeast at 5 to 10 mph. (link)
How to watch
The game will be on FOX with Kevin Kugler and (former Bear) Mark Sanchez on the call, and if you live in the yellow of this 506sports.com map, then you’ll get the Bears!
WCG’s Bears vs Bengals Game Previews!
- Sam Householder has our Bears vs Bengals preview right here.
- The WCG staff makes their NFL week 2 picks, including Bears vs Bengals here.
- We gave our keys for the Bears to beat the Bengals right here.
- Patti Curl asked Cincy Jungle 5 questions about the Bengals here.
- And Cincy Jungle asked Patti 5 questions about the Bears here.
- The final Bears vs Bengals injury report can be found here.
- If you aren’t subscribed to the Windy City Gridiron Podcast Channel you can hit our page at Megaphone with all the subscription options — We’re available everywhere — We’ll have recaps, previews, and so much more each week from our podcast team.
- You can catch Sunday Night Football games live on the Peacock network and you can find streaming options by clicking here.
- Paramount Plus has streaming packages that includes live sports including the NFL on CBS right here.
- If you want to get fuboTV with plenty of sports — including the NFL Network — and local network television just click right here.
- ESPN+ has ton of sports, including Monday Night Football and you can get that by hitting this link.
- You can watch the full-broadcast replays of all the games, check out condensed games, and even see the all-22 coaches film at NFL Game Pass. You can sign up for a 7-day trial right here.
How to listen
Traditional radio is found at WBBM 780 AM and 105.9 FM (Chicago) with Jeff Joniak on the play-by-play, former Bears guard Tom Thayer as the analyst, and Mark Grote as the sideline reporter, and also on TUDN 1200 AM and Latino Mix 93.5 FM with Omar Ramos on the play-by-play and Miguel Esparza as the analyst.
Bears vs Bengals will be available on SiriusXM Channels 225 and 805. (link)
Get Tickets to the game
You can get tickets to this Bears game, but also pick some up for all the other games by checking out StubHub right here.
I’ve partnered up with ThriveFantasy, which is a new daily fantasy platform with a player props twist, so hit the link for a 100% instant first deposit match up to $100 for my listeners or download their app and use my promocode “TFC” to take advantage of the offer.
Click on our names to follow us on Twitter: Jeff Berckes; Patti Curl; Eric Christopher Duerrwaechter; Kev H; Sam Householder; Jacob Infante; Aaron Lemming; Ken Mitchell; Jack R Salo; Steven Schweickert; Jack Silverstein; EJ Snyder; Lester Wiltfong, Jr.; Will Robinson II; Robert Schmitz; T.J. Starman; Robert Zeglinski; Bill Zimmerman; Like WCG on Facebook.
Windy City Gridiron Podcast Channel which includes Bear With Me from Robert Schmitz, Bears Over Beers featuring Jeff Berckes & EJ Snyder (their BOB YouTube Channel can be found here), Bears Banter hosted by Bill Zimmerman, Rule of 3 with R. Schmitz, Danny Meehan, and Brandon Robinson, Bear & Balanced from Jeff and Lester A. Wiltfong Jr., and T Formation Conversation from Lester; EJ also co-hosts The Bootleg Football Podcast with Brett Kollmann; R. Schmitz has a film breakdown show on YouTube titled Run Pass Opinion; Will Robinson II has his WhiskeyRanger YouTube channel, and Steven’s Streaming Twitch Channel from Steven Schweickert.Internet Explorer Channel Network