One hour until kickoff: We have lineups! It’s a lot more rotation than we expected! Omar Richards and Jamal Musiala come into the lineup. Leroy Sane is finally rested.
Mit euch im Rücken zum Sieg! ⚪
Unsere XI für #FCBTSG! #packmas pic.twitter.com/lHKiPDUXMT
— FC Bayern München (@FCBayern) October 23, 2021
Bayern Munich are back in action, and it’s time for Julian Nagelsmann to face the monster he created … over a Zoom meeting, presumably. Yes, the fans are back, Hoffenheim are here, but Bayern will be missing a key figure in the dugout as Nagelsmann sits at home in quarantine.
Still, that’s no excuse for a lax performance. Dino Toppmoller proved himself a capable understudy in the midweek game against Benfica, and if all else fails the coach can always contact his team through the wonders of modern technology. Meanwhile, player-coach Thomas Muller will be on the case as usual, as well as the supremely experienced squad Bayern have at their disposal — it’s not like Robert Lewandowski, Joshua Kimmich, or Manuel Neuer need any tips on winning games.
It’s Bayern time.
Location: Allianz Arena, Munich, Germany
Time: 3:30 pm local time, 9:30 am EST
TV/streaming: ESPN+, Find Your Country
Tips for commenting:
- If you’re a new member, feel free to introduce yourself! We’re mostly very friendly! Also, we’re from all parts of the world so don’t feel shy if you’re from a country that doesn’t seem represented on the blog.
- If the comments section starts to slow down for you, just hit the refresh button and keep commenting. It’s not necessary to have the whole comments loaded at one time while you’re just casually following along.
- Keep the sorting to “newest” to easily follow the conversation. It puts the newest comments at the top.
- Here at BFW we celebrate every goal like they do in the stadium: with a chant. The goal chants are for everyone to participate in! Even if you’re lagging behind the others, keep replying to the most recent call of the player’s name. Even if you missed the first call, just start from the second, and so on.
- While swearing is allowed within reason, please be polite to your fellow posters and avoid gratuitous obscenities. Racist, homophobic, and misogynistic language is not allowed whatsoever.
Check out our beginners thread if you have any more questions. That’s about it. Auf geht’s!
Looking for an unending well of Bayern Munich content? Sign up for an SBNation account and join the conversation on Bavarian Football Works. Whether it’s full match coverage and analysis, breaking news, podcasts or something completely different, we have it all.Internet Explorer Channel Network