Oftentimes the simplest recipes yield the best result. That is the case with this baked fish with lemon garlic butter. It is an old classic recipe to prepare fish, but it never loses its charm.
What is better than butter-soft fish melting in your mouth with an accompanying lemon garlic butter sauce? It is simply delightful and a burst of flavour on your palate. The best part is that this baked fish with lemon garlic butter takes only 20 minutes to cook to perfection.
Remember to have some minced fresh parsley handy to decorate your dish just before serving. The vivid green colour of the parsley makes the baked fish with lemon garlic butter so much more appetising.
So, if you are looking for a quick weeknight meal to prepare, this recipe is your answer. It is super quick to prepare without compromising on taste. Let us know in the comments section of this recipe if you have tried this taste sensation.
Baked fish with lemon garlic butter recipe
0 from 0 votes Recipe by Carla Zinkfontein Course: MainCuisine: GlobalDifficulty: Easy Servings
4 tablespoons butter
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 g white fish fillets
½ teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon pepper
minced parsley, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 220 °C.
- Melt the butter in a small frying pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and let it cook for 1 minute. Zest the lemon and add it to the butter.
- Thinly slice the zested lemon and place the slices in the bottom of a baking dish. If there are extras, save them for the top of the fish.
- Dry the fish with paper towels, season both sides with salt and pepper, then lay the fish on top of the lemon slices. Spoon or brush the garlic butter over the fish.
- Bake the fish for 10 – 12 minutes, or until it flakes easily with a fork. Serve with a little parsley sprinkled over the top for colour.
Did you make this recipe?
Like this recipe?
Follow us @thesouthafrican on Pinterest
Looking for more tasty recipes to prepare for your family and friends? Just have a look at our recipe page, we have excellent suggestions for you to try.
If you would like to submit a recipe for publication, please complete our recipe form here.Internet Explorer Channel Network