Travis Scott, American rapper cake with his third studio album “Astroworld” back in 2018. The rapper had organized for a festival celebrating the album in Houston where the crowd surged towards the rapper on stage, which in turn took 8 people’s lives and left many severely injured. The incident happened when the crowd surged towards him, crushing the crowd at the front who were unable to escape. This in fact caused a lot of chaos and worsened the situation further.
Scott’s set began around 9 p.m. Officials estimated about 50,000 people were attending when crowds began to “compress toward the front of the stage,” Houston Fire Chief Samuel Peña said. “That caused some panic and it started causing some injuries.”
9:30, right there, that’s when a few people started going down,” said Houston Police Chief Troy Finner. “Our people stepped up and immediately went to the producer and told him people are going down. This show ended at 10:10 p.m.”
“You cannot just close when you have 50,000 individuals that young. You can have rioted,” the rapper said.
“Any time I could make out anything that was going on, I’d stop the show and help them get the help they need,” Scott said Saturday in an Instagram video.
“I could never imagine the severity of the situation” he further clarified.
During Scott’s performance, the crowd was seen chanting ‘Stop the show! Stop the show’ but the show still continued.
Kylie Jenner, Travis’s partner was surprisingly also present at the event, chose to remain silent about the whole situation but finally broke her silence about Travis’s backlash, including a $750 million legal complaint filed on behalf of 125 victims, including the family of one man who died at the festival. She finally released a statement, “Travis and I are broken and devastated,” she began. “My thoughts and prayers are with all who lost their lives, were injured, or were affected in any way by yesterday’s events. And also for Travis who I know cares deeply for his fans and the Houston community.”
“I want to make it clear we weren’t aware of any fatalities until the news came out after the show and in no world would have continued filming or performing,” she further added.
Travis has since announced that he intends to cover the costs of the funerals for those who died at the show as well as therapy for survivors.
Scott is best known for his third studio album, “Astroworld”, released in 2018 which produced his first Billboard Hot 100 number one single “Sicko Mode”, which featured vocals from Canadian rapper Drake.
Astroworld is a music festival founded by Scott in 2018 and named after his hit album. This was the third Astroworld festival as it was canceled last year because of the coronavirus pandemic.
Scott – real name Jacques Bermon Webster II – has been nominated for eight Grammy Awards, and has won a Billboard Music Award and a Latin Grammy Award.
ALSO READ – Naseeruddin Shah Recalls Conversation With Late Actor Irrfan Khan
Read on Lehren – Astroworld Tragedy: Everything You Need To Know About It!Internet Explorer Channel Network