Animal rescuers searching for a hissing cobra ended up finding an electric toothbrush.
The welfare group ACRES were called out to a home in Singapore after a woman thought she had heard a snake hissing in her bedroom.
Xi Yan sent the rescue team a recording of the noise she had heard and the experts declared that it sounded like a venomous cobra.
Camera IconTime to brush up on your Friday snake stories. Credit: BANG – Entertainment News
They searched Xi Yan’s home for an hour before it was discovered that the sound was coming from a malfunctioning Oral B electric toothbrush.
She recalled how the toothbrush was damaged because she had got water in the battery compartment.
Xi Yan told Coconuts Magazine: “The problem started because water got into my electrical toothbrush and affected the mechanism.
“I should really buy a new one, I don’t want to go through this again.
“The ACRES staff were very helpful and responsible.
“It was a hot day, and they spent almost an hour trying to resolve the issue.”
Not a bad result compared with news on home soil earlier this year after a “dead” snake came back to life in his hands.
Snake catcher Stuart McKenzie was called out to a golf course in Australia to find a red belly snake and assumed the reptile was dead when he found it under a bucket with its head “squashed”.
McKenzie admitted that he considered throwing the snake away until it started moving when he picked it up.
In a social media post, he explained: “This is unbelievable! Today we attended a business to catch a small red belly on the move inside the building.
“It wasn’t moving very fast so they ended up putting a large container over the top of it.
“When I arrived unfortunately the edge of the container had been placed on the snake’s head and it wasn’t alive… or so I thought.
“I took the little snake home and was walking around with it in my hands thinking it was dead.
“I put it on my kitchen table to show my wife… when suddenly I noticed the slightest movement.
“To my shock and excitement the little red belly was coming back to life before our eyes.”
According to Australian Geographic, the red-belly black snake is one of Australia’s 10 most dangerous snakes, describing its bite as “no picnic”.
“The venom causes blood-clotting disorder and muscle and nerve damage, enough to knock you off your feet.”
But being a professional snake catcher “Stu” wasn’t fazed by this.
After getting over his initial surprise to see signs of life Stu gave an update on the startled snake’s current status, saying he was planning to take the slippery death-defier to the vet for a full check up.
“The little snake is not out of the woods yet and we are going to get it vet checked but things are looking good! Reptiles are such resilient creatures!” he said.
#strayaInternet Explorer Channel Network