When you’re in a relationship, showing your boyfriend that you love him can strengthen your connection and make him feel more confident. If you aren’t together in person, it can be a little tough to figure out how to express how much he means to you. Fortunately, there are tons of ways you can tell your boyfriend that you love him over text to keep your relationship solid. Keep reading to learn what you can say to your BF to hold you over until you see him again!
Method 1 of 11: Text him about something that reminded you of him.
Maybe you saw a painting or read a book that made you think of him. Whatever it was, send your boyfriend a quick text telling him that he’s on your mind. He’ll be happy that you thought of him, and he’ll probably think it’s super romantic.
- If it’s a physical object (like a book), try texting him a picture of it.
- Say something like, “Just heard our favorite song on the radio! Made me think of you.”
- Or, “Just drove past that restaurant we went to last week. Miss you!”
- Or, “This painting made me think of you. Look at all the pretty colors!”
Method 2 of 11: Give him a compliment.
Tell him something you love about him. It could be about his looks, his personality, or how great of a boyfriend he is. Even if it’s completely random, it will make him feel good that you thought about him! Plus, giving him compliments is a great way to show him that you love him, even when you can’t see him in person. Say something like:
- “You always know how to make me laugh.”
- “You looked so cute yesterday! I love your new haircut.”
- “Thanks for cheering me up. You’re such a good boyfriend.”
Method 3 of 11: Tell him you’ve been thinking about him.
If he’s on your mind randomly, let him know. It’s always nice to hear from people who are thinking of you when you’re not around. If he pops into your head unexpectedly, tell him about it so he knows you care. You could say something like:
- “Can you stop running through my mind? I’m trying to focus!”
- “Can’t stop thinking about you and your cute face.”
- “Randomly thinking about you this morning! Love you.”
Method 4 of 11: Try a funny play on words.
Make him chuckle when you tell him that you love him. If you have a silly pun to tell him, send it in a text to make him laugh! He’ll appreciate your sense of humor, and you’ll put a smile on his face. Messages like these are especially great if he’s having a tough day or you miss him a ton. Try something like:
- “You’re just like bacon. You make everything better.”
- “Forget butterflies. I feel the whole zoo when I’m with you!”
- “The time we spend together is like a hot dog. I relish it.”
Method 5 of 11: Text him about your next date.
Plan something special, then let him know about it over text. You can make reservations at a fancy restaurant, rent a hotel somewhere, or even just plan a fun night in. Then, text your bf all about it so he can get excited for it. Planning dates shows that you care for him and you look forward to seeing him again. Say something like:
- “Do you have any plans on Friday? I was thinking of getting us tickets to a movie that night.”
- “Pack your bags! I just rented a room on the coast for next weekend.”
- “Are you free this weekend? I was thinking we could go mini golfing.”
Method 6 of 11: Tell him that you miss him.
If you haven’t seen each other in a while, send him a text about it. Maybe you’re long-distance, or maybe you just haven’t had time to meet up recently. Whatever the case may be, if you tell him that you miss him, he’ll understand that you love and care about him. You could say something like:
- “I can’t wait to see you again. I miss you a lot!”
- “Miss you boo. Wish I could see you tonight.”
- “Miss you so much. Hope you’re having fun on vacation!”
Method 7 of 11: Talk about the last time you two were together.
Reminisce about the fun times you had on your last date. If you did something new or you just really appreciated that he planned it, text him and let him know! This is especially a good idea if you two can’t see each other in person for a little while. Try something like:
- “I had so much fun last night, thanks for taking me out!”
- “Did you have as much fun as I did yesterday?”
- “That dinner last night was amazing! You have a great taste in restaurants.”
Method 8 of 11: Send him a good morning text.
If he’s the first thing on your mind, send him a message! Tell him that you hope he has a great day or that you just can’t wait to see him later. If you wake up before he does, he’ll get to open up a sweet message first thing. Try something like:
- “Good morning babe! I hope your day is as awesome as you are.”
- “Morning! Woke up thinking about you. I can’t wait to see you later.”
- “Good morning honey!”
Method 9 of 11: Tell him how much you appreciate him.
Show gratitude to let him know he’s being a good partner. Maybe he comforted you, gave you encouragement, or supported you through a tough time. Whatever it was, send a text with your appreciation to let him know you see how much he cares for you. Not only will it make him feel good, but it will encourage him to keep being a good partner in the future. Say something like:
- “Thanks for listening to me vent earlier. You made me feel so much better.”
- “I loved coming home to a bouquet of flowers. You’re the best.”
- “You support me so much, and it gives me so much confidence. Thank you!”
Method 10 of 11: Try sexting.
If you’re comfortable with it, it can be a fun way to spice things up. Send him a flirty text message to get his engine going, even if you aren’t there in person. If you’re meeting up with him later, this can be a fun way to set the mood. And, if you two are long-distance, sexting is a great way to maintain your intimacy while you’re far apart. Start the conversation by saying something like:
- “What are you wearing right now?”
- “Want to see what I’m wearing tonight?”
- “Here’s a little sneak peek for later.”
Method 11 of 11: Send him a goodnight text.
Let him know he’s the last thing on your mind before you go to bed. As you get into your pajamas and brush your teeth, send your boyfriend a quick text wishing him sweet dreams. He’ll go to sleep knowing that you care about him, and it’ll make him sleep that much better. Say something like:
- “Goodnight babe! Can’t wait to see you tomorrow.”
- “Sweet dreams! I love you.”
- “Goodnight, sleep tight, don’t let the bed bugs bite!”