There is no perfect script you can pull out to get your girlfriend melting in her shoes, since a lot of what drives her wild is going to be totally unique to her. You know her best, so take her personality into account when you’re choosing your words. You also don’t need to craft some giant speech. Often, the gestures that people find the most romantic, sexy, or meaningful can be incredibly tiny, and the same is true when it comes to unlocking the key to your girlfriend’s heart. With that said, if you’re looking for something to get you started so that you can sweep her off of her feet, we’ve got you covered.
Method 1 of 10: Use a pet name.
Just drop a cute nickname into normal conversation. If you aren’t in the habit of doing this already, she’ll be taken by a bit of surprise and she may end up blushing like you wouldn’t believe. Try to pick something a little more creative than “babe” that actually reflects something about her personality.
- For something on the cuter, traditional side, you might try “Sweetheart,” “Cutie-pie,” or “Sunshine.”
- For a sexier approach, you might go with “Hot stuff,” or “Delicious.”
- Try a personalized approach. If she’s got beautiful eyes, something like “Bright eyes” can be really cute. If she’s got a fiery attitude, you could go with “Firecracker.”
Method 2 of 10: Say “I love you” in a new way.
While it’s certainly sweet, “I love you” is also kind of cliché and dull. There’s no doubt that those three little words can pack a serious emotional punch, but if you’re in the habit of telling someone you love them all the time, the language might lose its power a bit. Try being a little more descriptive the next time you’d say “I love you.” You might try:
- “I adore the way you look at me.”
- “I admire everything about you.”
- “Even after all these months together, my fondness for you just never ends.”
- “I will always worship you quietly in my heart.”
Method 3 of 10: Offer to help.
Expressing the desire to serve can be a huge turn-on. Everyone has a different love language, and many women will interpret a desire to help with an articulation of love. When we think of melting hearts, we often picture flirtatious pickup lines and sexual quips. But your girlfriend is likely to appreciate your desire to help, and that may mean more to her than some cheesy line!
- If she’s busy with school or work, saying something like, “Is there anything I can do to make your life easier?” or, “How can I help you out? I really just want to make you happy,” can go a long way.
- If she seems preoccupied, you might say, “You seem worried about something. Is there anything I can say or do to take your mind off it?”
- For a more playful approach, you could say, “Is there anything I can do for you, my queen?”
- The love languages (words of affirmation, quality time, physical touch, acts of service, and receiving gifts) refer to the five ways that people often prefer to give and receive love. Even if acts of service aren’t your girlfriend’s primary love language, she’ll likely still appreciate the gesture.
Method 4 of 10: Tell her she’s right.
It’s not sexy, but “I was wrong” can mean a lot coming from you. The same way that offering to help can be an expression of love, an acknowledgment can be a huge sign of respect, and respect is hot. Whether you’re in the middle of a casual disagreement over who the best superhero is, or you randomly mention that she was right about something she said in the past, she’s probably going to feel at least a little tug on the heartstrings. You could say:
- “You know what, I’ve got to listen to you more often. You’re right about so many things.”
- “Remember that conversation we had yesterday? Well, I looked it up and you were right! I don’t know why I ever doubted you.”
Method 5 of 10: Be over-the-top genuine.
Just go all out and be unabashedly authentic with your feelings. Showcase your ability to be vulnerable by just laying it all on the table. It’s easy for people to let a simple compliment or quick expression of appreciation go straight from one ear through the other. By getting a little more expressive, she’ll be more likely to really feel the things you’re saying. You might tell her:
- “Every day that I’m with you is the greatest compliment I could ever receive. I’m so blessed to have you in my life.”
- “Getting to see you is always the brightest moment in my day. I cannot even begin to express how much you mean to me.”
- “Everything looks so good on you. There really isn’t a word in the dictionary that accurately reflects how much you turn me on.”
Method 6 of 10: Go for a funny approach.
Laughter doesn’t automatically mean her heart isn’t melting! Go for something a little cheesy, sweet, and flirty that will make her blush so hard she turns a different shade. This is a great way to get her heart to melt, and she’s probably going to enjoy sharing the laugh with you. You could try something like:
- “I tried rearranging the alphabet, but for reasons I still don’t understand U and I just aren’t separating.”
- “Were your parents bakers? No? That’s weird, because you’re a total cutie pie.”
- “Do you have a band-aid on you? I keep scraping my knees falling for you over and over again.”
Method 7 of 10: Fantasize about the future with her.
Hearing you think out loud about your shared life together can mean a lot. It will be the best kind of blushing, too. You know what’s better than a cheesy line to make her smile? A reminder that you’re in this for the long haul. Casually daydream about your future together and you might just watch her melt. You could try:
- “Do you think you and I are still going to be as fun as we are now when we’re retired one day?”
- “If we had a kid, what would you want to name them? I’m thinking Sasha for a girl, but I can’t come up with a boy name I like.”
- “Where do you want to live in 10 years? Do you think we’ll still be in New York? I’m kind of split on it.”
Method 8 of 10: Write her a song or poem.
Nothing can win the key to a girl’s heart like a big romantic gesture. If you’re limited to words alone, a song or a poem can mean a lot. Even if you aren’t the greatest singer of all time or you’ve never written a love poem, the gesture on its own can really drive her crazy. Take some time to actually pen something heartfelt that you’re proud of. Even if it’s a little embarrassing for you, she’ll probably cherish it forever.
- If you aren’t living in the same area or you aren’t particularly close and you wrote a song, consider recording it or film yourself playing it and share it with her.
- If you’re super embarrassed about sharing a poem you write, you can always send it to her so she can read it on her own time.
Method 9 of 10: Borrow a quote.
It’s usually best to be original, but if you can’t find the words, borrow them! It’s up to you whether you want to cite your sources or not. She may think it’s not quite as sweet if you didn’t come up with it, but she might be annoyed if she finds out it’s not original and you didn’t mention it’s borrowed. You could always mention, “I heard this quote the other day that reminded me of you” for a nice middle ground! If you’re looking for a good one, try:
- “I swear I couldn’t love you more than I do right now, and yet I know I will tomorrow.” (Leo Christopher)
- “Do not urge me to leave you or turn back from you. Where you go, I will go. Where you stay, I will stay.” (Shelby Mahurin)
- “The way I feel about [you] is like a heartbeat—soft and persistent, underlying everything.” (Becky Albertalli)
- “If there ever comes a day when we can’t be together, keep me in your heart. I’ll stay there forever.” (Winnie the Pooh)
Method 10 of 10: Keep it short and sweet.
Leaving something to the imagination can be sexy. You don’t need to recite a big speech to sweep her off of her feet. In fact, leaving things a little ambiguous and mysterious can really get her going. Keep it simple and don’t overthink it. For added effect, throw one of these out when she least expects it and she may end up in a whirlwind of emotions. Lines that might work include:
- “You’re so lovely it’s hard to look at you sometimes.”
- “The things I’d do for you if we were together tonight.”
- “You’re beautiful when you look at me like that.”